Music Ministry Coordinator
A bit about Covenant UMC
To make disciples of Jesus Christ whose holy lifestyles help transform the world through Education, Health and Wellness, Creation Care, and other acts of Compassion and Justice.
Statement of Welcome for Covenant UMC
Here at Covenant United Methodist Church we believe in the image of God in all persons. We strive to practice “Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors” with regards to all. We believe in the full-personhood and full inclusion of historically marginalized people groups, including but not limited to People of Color, the LGBTQIA+ community, women, the disabled, those living in poverty, and other groups. We acknowledge and lament that the Church has not always embodied the ways of Jesus and has often participated in and supported systems of oppression. We strive to shed ourselves of these idols and live in solidarity and support of the oppressed. When we say, “All are welcome!” we mean, “All means all.”
To provide music leadership that enhances the worship at Covenant United Methodist Church. This will include the coordination of the various music ministries in the worship setting. Music groups may include choir, handbells, drums, marimbas & praise team.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Coordinate music for all music groups for worship services;
• Plan and schedule music ministry groups for worship services;
• Meet with the pastor on regular basis for coordination of worship services, planning for special seasons of worship (i.e. Lent, Advent, etc);
• Attend monthly worship committee meetings as necessary;
• Attend and participate in staff meetings; and
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor.
• Regard music as central to worship for a strong and vital church;
• Major or minor in Music and/or Music Ministry is preferred, but not mandatory;
• Be a strong leader with a heart for Christian ministry compatible with the Methodist faith and tradition;
• Strong, broad-based background in music or music ministry;
• Work well with different musical abilities and various ages;
• Be able to organize, recruit, and strengthen the talents of volunteers in music ministry, helping them grow spiritually as they glorify God by sharing their creative gifts; and
• Create a high level of enthusiasm for the worship ministry of Covenant United Methodist Church, and in outreach to the community.
Reports to Pastor and Worship Chairperson
Hours & Timing
This is a part-time ministry position of approximately 10-12 hours/week, with a salary of $16,500 per year.
Questions and résumés may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.