We strive to be INTERGENERATIONAL & TRANSFORMATIONAL, because this is God’s call for us!
• creative and we embrace the non-traditional and traditional
• flexible and open value being deeply connected in community and support one another
• conscious of our wider world
• full of passion and energy
• value honesty, integrity, and authenticity in our faith journey
• committed to children and families
We invite all generations to journey together toward a transforming faith
What does this mean?
Each of the above words functions like an icon on your desktop. If you were to “double-click” on any of the above words, you would see that each word means more than we can encapsulate in a concise statement:
• We – “We are one body in this one Lord” (from the communion song “One Bread, One Body”). We are all in this together!
• Invite – “I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” (Mt. 25:35) God always invites, never coerces us into faith…
• All – “There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male or female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.” (Gal. 3:28) We reject the divisions humanity creates, and we strive for all to be one…
• Generations – God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations.” (Gen. 9:12) We know that God has called us to be a multi-generational community of faith, encompassing all generations without exception…
• To Journey Together Toward – “But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”” (Is. 40:31) “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Mic. 6:8) Faith is a journey, and not merely a destination to be reached…
• Transforming – “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2)
• Faith – “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.” (Romans 1:8)